Friday, February 5, 2010

Review: Sunstorm - House of Dreams

When I first listened to House of Dreams, the second album by the hard rock band Sunstorm, I, for the life of me, could not place the vocals. I could recognize them like anything, but where did I hear them? A quick trip to Google, and I was informed that it was Joe Lynn Turner, whom I knew for his work with Yngwie Malmsteen, and is somewhat less known for his work with Deep Purple but gained more notoriety with DP guitarist Ritchie Blackmore in previous years with Blackmore’s Rainbow. Which now seems fairly obvious to me, but I digress.
Sunstorm, I noticed, within the first track of House of Dreams, has a certain 80’s rock meets modern power metal feel to their music. Divided, an excellent opening track to the album, starts out with some dark synths and some very strong riffs.

Read More Here

0 comments: