Saturday, September 26, 2009

Featured Artist: Deathalizer

So I've recently made a MySpace page. For bands and stuff.

In the few weeks I've had it, I've had indie bands add me, some exceptional, some much less so. I posted a blog asking if a band would like to be featured in The Pulse, to please contact me.
About a day later, I received a message from a band, known as Deathalizer, asking to be featured.
I always go into MySpace band sites with a high amount of skepticism. Usually they're either teenage bands that only have about a month's worth of experience working together and a GarageBand recording of themselves doing Smells Like Teen Spirit, or a label run page that has no personal affiliation with the band. But naturally I give it a shot. I've got nothing but time, and hell, it might be worth it.


Now would I be sitting here writing about it if it wasn't? Didn't think so.


Deathalizer is a four-piece unsigned metal band from New York. Adopting their unmistakably thrash style from the likes of Metallica, Slayer, and Pantera, they blend the best of what these bands showcase to create great, in-your-face metal.


Starting with The Angel's Fall, the first track from Deathalizer's album, It Dwells Within, kicks off with slow dark sounding acoustic guitars, breaking into similarly paced harmonized riffs, leading, finally, into the Metallica-esque "theme" of the song, in a sense.



Read more at The Pulse

0 comments: