Thursday, September 17, 2009

Review: Anata Wa Sukkari Tsukarete Shimai - Sweetness and Light EP


What do you get when you combine efforts of a Japanese singer-songwriter, an English rock musician, and a Scottish “ground dweller”, who go by the names _, Gnomefoam, and Bunny, respectively? Anata Wa Sukkari Tsukarete Shimai, which, I am told means “You are completely tired.” in Japanese. But from here on, I will refer to this collaboration as simply Anata Wa.
The members of Anata Wa, the most recent signing onto Bearsuit Records, met while working on their own individual projects for Rack & Ruins records. It was then they decided to work on a collaborative effort. The Sweetness and Light EP, released earlier this summer is what the effort has produced.
As someone who is partial to rock and metal music, I was a bit skeptical when asked to review something labeled experimental pop. But naturally, I gave it a shot. Nothing wrong with expanding my horizons-I will admit, I was a stranger to the genre, but upon listening I was fascinated.
The EP started with the track “Forsake”. There was a certain peacefulness...
  Read more here.


0 comments: