Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Review: Osada Vida - Uninvited Dreams

I had high expectations for Osada Vida’s third full length album Uninvited Dreams. A progressive rock act from Poland, their career is already well established, with their first release, Critical Moment, back in 2000. But how does Uninvited Dreams hold up on its own?
 
Opening with its title track, a more musically inclined listener might notice some unusual note rhythms in places, most often in the intro. I wouldn’t call this a mistake, but at the same time, it can come across as one, because it sounds like the timing was milliseconds off. Other than that, it’s pretty together. I’ll admit, lyrically, I don’t feel as Osada Vida is living up to their full potential here. I do like the addition of the female vocals in the chorus, although the balance could be better, and the very interesting funk-like after-chorus is very cool.
 
Read More Here

0 comments: